Join Jane Marshall in creating a mini masterpiece in a day, using simple machine sewing techniques and colourful scraps.
These tiny quilts finish between 6” x 8” and 10” x 15”, so they are ideal as a ‘mug rugs’, table mats or wallhangings.
This workshop will guide you through the process of creating the patchwork, layering, quilting and finishing your mini quilt, learning the same techniques you might use to make a full size quilt.
Choose from two designs: Inset circle or Wonky tree
Materials to bring:
(fabrics should be 100% quilting weight cotton unless otherwise stated)
- One or two ‘fat quarters’ (approx. 18” x 20”) to use as your background. This can be plain or very lightly patterned. Choose black, white, cream, grey… or a even wild colour!
- Fabric scraps: ideally 100%. Squares, rectangles or odd shapes… any size from 1” to 5” on each side. Strips are especially useful if you’re planning to make the ‘Wonky tree’ design
- Fat quarter (printed or plain design) for backing your mini quilt
- Long quarter (approx. 9.5” x 42”) of a plain or lightly patterned design for the outer binding
- Large scrap of cotton or cotton-blend quilt wadding (ideally at least 12” x 18”)
- A large scrap or fat quarter of a printed design for optional borders (for the ‘Wonky tree’)