Machine piecing and applique Workshop.
Stitch a quilt of many circles and really master the technique of curved seams. Learn how to piece these blocks so that you achieve smooth seams with no puckers.
In these workshops we cover single and double pieced curves, curves with applique and curves incorporating foundation piecing.
Students need to be able to use a rotary cutter and stitch an accurate ¼” seam.
The requirements listed below are sufficient to make a quilt measuring approx.
54 ½ x 54 ½in.
Although I have made my quilt in bright floral fabrics, I do think that it would work with most fabric combinations.
- 1 m light background fabric (I have used a number of light fabric fat quarters here)
- 8 – 12 fat quarters fabric
- ¼ m heatnbond or similar
- Template plastic or cardboard. The plastic or card needs to be at least 10 x 10in and 2 pieces will be needed
- Neutral thread for piecing, thread to match fabrics for the applique
- Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
- Sewing machine (piecing and applique foot)
- Fabric marking pencil
- Usual sewing equipment
To finish the quilt but not needed until the end:
- ½ m fabric for the border
- 12in fabric for the binding
- Wadding 58 x 58in
- Backing fabric 58 x 58in
There are no reviews yet.