This type of felting lends itself to be worked further with hand and machine stitch. We will make a variety of pieces that can be worked together with stitch on the final afternoon. This is a great opportunity to try a selection of different weights of fabric to see just what textures we can discover.
- Bamboo blind – 60cm to 80cm wide with all fixtures and fittings removed and re-tied.
- Bubble wrap – Minimum 1m (small bubbles)
- Basic sewing kit
- Machine and threads
- Or hand embroidery threads/needles on second day
- Fabric & paper scissors
- Tape Measure
- Plastic milk bottle with holes in the lid – For applying water to your project.
- Merino tops – Enough for your project in your choice of colours.
- Fancy yarns and silk threads which you may wish to incorporate
- A selection of lightweight fabrics such as silk chiffon, georgette, silk gauze, cotton muslin, loom state muslin (scrim) and rayon.
- Olive oil or vegetable oil soap
A note about the fabric –
It is important to use a light weight loosely woven fabric, the best kind of weaves for Nuno are silk chiffon, georgette, cotton scrim, muslin cheesecloth and light weight cottons. Silk headscarves with a pattern is fine, the fabric does not need to be plain! Have a look in charity shops or TKmaxx, as they all have a good selection usually. Indian scarves are also light weight and lovely to felt. Any questions contact Alex