An abstract Strip textile wall hanging no smaller than A3. Shape and size and inspiration decided by you.
Inspiration can come from landscapes, seascapes, town scapes or fields of flowers.
Starting point: You can approach this two ways:
Either let the fabrics you have in your stash lead you and literally make up a colour study of strips. OR
choose a photograph/combination of a couple and use as your initial inspiration.
Students will achieve very individual art works but all with the same method of layering torn strips of fabric.
The idea is to use fabrics that you already have in your stash so need to go out and buy. You will be working on a base of calico or cotton and you will need Vilene to stabilise. See requirements tab for basic list.
This course is designed to be taken at your own pace but the group zoom sessions will give you something to work towards and I found they have worked very well alongside a group FB page where you can communicate with me and your fellow Zoom students.
The course focuses on colour combinations, composition and texture all achieved with innovative ways of using the free motion foot, decorative machine stitches and Bondaweb.
Participant number will be limited to ten per Zoom Session.
- Timeline: I will email course outline and invite you to a Pinterest Board for inspiration and ideas. Upon booking you will also be invited to a private Facebook group page in preparation for the project. This will be up long after our two sessions so you can continue to ask for feedback on there – encourage each other and help each other out also.
- Email me photos / ideas prior to the day so I can share and provide feedback on the first zoom session. I will send you zoom attendance code – you will need to download Zoom on PC/Laptop prior to the first session.
- Zoom session One : 10.30am : A 1 -1.5 hour question and answer session to get everyone started.
- 8 weeks to work on project in own time through December and January 2021.
- Feedback/communication via FB page throughout the five weeks.
- Zoom Session Two : 10.30am : 1-1.5hr follow up/feedback session…individual advice how to finish/mount/hang.
- Use FB page for continued support /feedback if required.