Overview of India Tour with Aahilya Holidays:
Tour at a Glance: This 9-day tour will take you to Jaipur and Agra, two of India’s most popular tourist destinations. In Jaipur, you will learn about the city’s rich textile traditions and have the opportunity to participate in workshops on block printing, paper making, blue pottery, and Aari – Tari embroidery. You will also visit the Anokhi Museum, a museum dedicated to Indian textiles and hand-block printing. In Agra, you will visit the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will also have the opportunity to learn about miniature painting from an expert artist.
The traditions of Indian textile crafts are some of the oldest and most diverse in the world. They represent a unique and continuous aesthetic across thousands of years. This tour will take in textile and cultural highlights of the famous golden triangle region, allowing you to see artisans at work, provide you with the opportunity to participate in hands-on workshops and get a feel for real India. As well as travelling by private air conditioned coach.
Highlights Of The Tour:
• Capture Jaipur’s charm by photographing its rustic appeal, ancient structures, bustling bazaars and winding paths.
• Visit the Anokhi Museum, a museum dedicated to Indian textiles and hand-block printing.
• Participate in a block printing workshops with expert block printers to learn the traditional technique of block prints.
• Visit handmade paper factories to learn the process of paper making from recycled cotton fabric and later visit to artisans’ workshop to see the process of blue pottery.
- Taj Mahal
• Visit the home of an Indian family to learn some traditional Indian & Rajasthani recipes and enjoy hot & freshly cooked dinner with the family.
• Participate in Aari – Tari embroidery workshop with master craftsman.
• Learn miniature painting from an expert artist.
*Note: All information is from Aahilya Holidays and is subject to change and availability prior to departure.