Machine piecing and quilting Workshop.
This is a great stash busting project in a modern design where large pieced flowers sit in rows. I have made my quilt in a co-ordinating fabric range but alternatively this would be a great project for using up scraps.
Students need to be able to use a rotary cutter and stitch an accurate ¼” seam.
The binding and backing fabrics and wadding will not be needed on the day.
The requirements listed below are sufficient to make a quilt measuring 39” x 56 ½”.
- 2m pale fabric for the background
- ½ m green fabric for the stem and leaves
- 1fat eighth yellow fabric for the flower centres
- 9 fat eighths light fabric for the inner flowers and joining squares
- 9 fat eighths dark fabric for the outer flowers and joining squares
- 12” print for the binding (or use left over scraps)
- 44” x 60” wadding
- 44” x 60” backing
- Neutral thread for piecing
- Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
- Sewing machine
- Usual sewing equipment